Thursday, June 17, 2010

This is a 9" x 12" oil painting, painted from a photo I took in Salado, Texas. We were eating lunch at the local BBQ joint, and this truck was parked in a front yard across the street. We all thought it had alot of character. Actually, the whole town has alot of character. This is my second painting of an old truck, and I must say it is not getting easier. The next truck I paint is going to be on a larger canvas. This painting is framed and hanging up at the Dutch Art Gallery in Dallas. Thanks for viewing my blog and have an artful day! Kay@kwyne.com

9 comments:

  1. Doesn't look like you struggled to me! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, ya'll are making me want to paint a truck. Imagine me digging through the foto files, searching for a Texas truck!! Well done - love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knew that trucks could be so artful! Love everything about this old workhorse!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks very, very difficult, but somehow, now that all of the shapes are broken down, you've made it look a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This rocks! The perspective is great and your brushstrokes so lyrical. Very much looking forward to seeing the larger truck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your old truck painting. I'll bet it was fun for you too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old trucks are wonderful and this one is exceptionally good! Makes me want to paint one! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your comments....I will need to find my RED truck painting to post...it was my Dad's and I remember riding around in it when I was a little girl. Trucks are cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love both of your truck! I particularly like this one with all the rusting green and red. Looks like it has put in some hard work. A very challenging subject but you've painted it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete