Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Green Yucca by Nancy Medina

Green Yucca by Nancy Medina
16X20
Palette Knife/Oil on Canvas
Sold


I've been trying to come up with an appropriate painting for the Cowboy Up theme this month, and then I remembered my yucca, which most assuredly at some point in its bloom had a cowboy ride by, don't you think? I fell in love with these giant plants when I started making my sojourns down to Fredericksburg to deliver art to The Good Art Company Gallery a few years ago. They have the brightest white blossoms at the top, and seem to be the favorite entryway plant for all of the driveways of the Hill Country, next to the cactus and rocks.



2 comments:

  1. I always think Texas when I see these yucca plants. Greens are so difficult and you've achieved a wonderful variety here, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful painting. I like the contrast of the very soft background and the sharp spines of the yucca.

    ReplyDelete