Monday, January 10, 2011

Dipped N Vip by Kay Wyne

Dipped N Vip
Oil on Gallery Wrap Canvas
12" x 16"
This painting is dedicated to my nephew, Casey Settles. I used a 2008 photograph of him and Dipped N Vip (yes, that is the horse's name) as a reference for this contemporary oil painting. The brush strokes are loose and don't have much of detail. The photograph I was using was taken indoors, but I put Casey and the horse outdoors. I am told that Dipped N Vip is a very special horse, and it is owned by Black Hawk Community College, located in Illinois. He is very handsome and had great colors. Casey is a student at West Texas A & M, and captain of the Equestrian Team. We will go see him at the Inter-Collegiate Horse Show and Regionals in Gainesville, Texas next month. (I can't wait to take some great pictures!)

2 comments:

  1. Posted at 5 am? You are up early to prepare for a full day of "art"! Nice composition with your nephew and horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, now I know why Kay picked Cowboy Up for this month's theme! I'm going to pick Pet Portraits Up when it's my turn again.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete