Monday, November 26, 2012

Blue Monday Lilies Step by Step by Texas Flower Artist Nancy Medina


Blue Monday Lilies by Nancy Medina
10X8
Oil on Archival Panel

Free Shipping Through the Holidays!



 I decide what to paint each day as almost the last step before picking up the brush. I mix most of my colors directly on the canvas, with the color reaction occurring when the brush picks up the hue beneath and around where it touches the surface. Visit my art blog today to see this painting step by step, and hear more about how it was created.

I intentionally staged some orange on blue in Blue Monday Lilies, can you tell where I did that? You as the artist have the tools to create drama in your paintings, find opportunities in your floral setups to lay brilliant complements atop one another. Lay a stroke of pure color and fight the urge to blend it away. Don't turn down the volume, turn it up. Let your color sing!




2 comments:

  1. I just discovered your blog for the first time and I'm amazed by your work. I love the colors in this piece! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete