Monday, February 21, 2011

Things To Be - Sunflowers by Nancy Medina

Things To Be - Sunflowers by Nancy Medina

Things To Be Sunflowers is the newest work in Flower Mound Studio, and is a contemplative piece that finished my evening. I often paint carefully, with a goal and plan. At the end of hours of this precision, I pull out a blank canvas, pour a glass of wine, and see if I can paint something in under 20 minutes letting my subconscious pull from the materials at hand, with as little forethought as possible. You can see the inspiration for Things To Be on my Art Blog.

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, your painting and your commentary have touched my heart. In your beautiful 20 minute painting and two paragraphs you have given me a glimpse of your soul and much to ponder. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda - I moved the rest of the post to my art blog. I appreciate your kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda is right, very touching, and you have certainly ended up with a "thing of beauty".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, very moving words and a beautiful painting. Ok, now I know your secret, a glass of wine!

    ReplyDelete