Thursday, December 23, 2010

Corner Office by Mitzi Easley

Corner Office by Mitzi Easley
14x11, oil on panel
please visit Mitzi's blog!
I spied this gentleman on the beach in Playa del Carmen last spring - a pretty good working chair for this month's theme, I think. These blue lounge chairs hold a special place in my heart as they are very common in Mexican resort towns and so they signal "vacation". I've painted them before - click here. Over the years, this is where we play games, read books, visit, nap, slather the kids in sunscreen. And, apparently, where this guy writes memos.

2 comments:

  1. With all the rushing around and last minute errands this week, this particular pose looks sooooo inviting! In addition to your beautiful brushstrokes, I love the repetition of the variety of horizontal lines and shapes; very well done, Mitzi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do believe a little of Karin's class is coming out in this painting. Love the casualness of the figure as well as the backgound undercoating showing through to add to the warmth of the overall feel of the painting.

    ReplyDelete