Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Wild Blue Yonder by Roxanne Spradlin


Wild Blue Yonder....4' x 3'.....oil....on gallery wrapped stretched canvas.


Here's close up view.



Oh, how I love West Texas! With it's big open range and endless blue sky. Simple, yet majestic!

Recently, I posted a smaller version, a study really. Angela's comment got me to thinking and I decided to paint it big! 4 feet x 3 feet...if I do say so myself it's a keeper. The iphone pic doesn't capture all it's glory but you get the jest of it. Thank's Angela!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, definitely a keeper! I also love the big skies in West Texas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda!...T'is a keeper for sure!Sure does give that "BIG" Texas feeling of space!

    Love that small zed pattern as a lead in ... as well as those puffy... atmospheric clouds!

    A gem!
    Good painting!
    Warmest regards,
    Bruce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! 4'x3' is big and perfect for the Texas sky!! It's just beautiful! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, my, my...finally someone listens to me! :-)

    I love this large and so want to see it in person. This one (I guess 2 paintings) are masterfully painted! Oil or acrylic, and what did you paint this on?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this painting. I have returned to it again and again.
    It makes me feel serene and sort of fluid at the same time.

    ReplyDelete