Friday, November 5, 2010

The Bridge by Kay Wyne

The Bridge
Oil on 18" x 18" Gallery Wrap Canvas
This painting was inspired by a photograph my husband took as we were sitting in traffic ready to cross the the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. It was a clear, windy day and we had a great time traveling around the California coast! I had researched the color of the bridge...according to my findings, the bridge is painted with a Sherwin Williams color #6328, Fireweed. I went to a local Sherwin Williams to check out this Fireweed color....and I really don't think the bridge is actually Fireweed. According to the paint swatches, Fireweed is a deep, rusty brick red....almost brown. So I mixed my own colors to what I remember and according to our photographs. This painting has a new home in Plano, Texas...it was a Christmas gift to a friend who traveled with us to California. Fun trip, good memories.....so I hope that this painting will be a reminder of our trip when it is viewed.

2 comments:

  1. Always a beautiful view, color of the bridge looks right on, fireweed or not! Know your friend loves having this painting as a reminder of your trip together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to S.F., but would love to, especially from this angle. Very nice and a wonderful gift for your friends!

    ReplyDelete