Monday, October 4, 2010

Pink Gerbera Daisy by Nancy Medina

Pink Gerbera Daisy by Nancy Medina
12X12
Oil on Canvas
SOLD

Nancy Medina Web Site
Nancy Medina Art Blog

Gerbera daisies are the hardiest little plants, and pop back time and again in my summer garden, despite the blistering heat or the days with no rain. The yellows took precedence this year, but last year I had a number of pink daisies and this was one of them. I'm hopeful that next year will be pink's turn again.

We were told this week that my aunt Beth has been diagnosed with breast cancer. Beth is one of those tenacious people who always lights up a room and is full of laughter and energy. She is a pediatric oncology nurse so is familiar with what's to come. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

4 comments:

  1. Such yummy colors, Nancy, you have really captured all the right values. Good thoughts and prayers for your aunt, I am also dealing with that with a dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy, when I first saw your painting, my heart leapt and I said, 'oh wow!' I can't say enough about this beauty. I love the style, composition, and gorgeous colors. Simply stunning!

    I've prayed for Aunt and thank God, in advance, for bringing her wellness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Ann and Roxanne, I appreciate that so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rich and deep colors are what drew me in to this painting; lovely as always! Too many people are fighting this awful battle, will keep you and your aunt in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete