Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Dance by the Light Sunflowers and Daisies by Texas Artist Nancy Medina


Dance by the Light Sunflowers and Daisies
by Nancy Medina
20X24
Oil on Linen Board

Dance by the Light Sunflowers and Daisies is the newest painting in Flower Mound Studio, and was named for the late, late hour last night that I worked on this painting. I promise I was not dancing at 2 am when I washed my brushes. You do not want to see me dancing. My sister Julie does all the dancing in our family. The larkspur in this painting have filled my studio with a lovely fragrance, although this flower does love to leave quite a mess in the water and on the tabletop around it after about a day under the spotlight!

I had been saving this 20X24 New Traditions Art Panel for something special, and when I put together my arrangement of white and red daisies (with a few sunflowers sprinkled in) I loved the color combo and decided it was time to paint on the expensive canvas! So I gathered up my courage and told myself as I put the precious canvas on my easel - okay, if I mess this up, worst case scenario, I just buy another expensive canvas!


Dance by the Light Studio Peek while the puggies snore...



You are invited!

Join me for a 3-day flower painting workshop
in the Texas Hill Country in July!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice, Nancy! I can almost smell the wonderful fragrance of your flowers. :-)

    ReplyDelete