Wednesday, February 15, 2012

BRA by Linda Popple

4x4 Oil on Ampersand Gessobord
To bid on this painting click HERE.
To view my blog click HERE.
This month's challenge is "BRA."  I submitted the challenge and I'm happy that it was chosen.  It is a different still life that most artists paint and that is one reason I thought it would be a good subject.  In addition to that reason, I chose this topic because back in June of July when we were asked to submit challenge topics my daughter-in-law had been diagnosed with breast cancer.  Bras were on my mind!  By the way, she has completed chemo and breast reconstruction and is doing great!

2 comments:

  1. Linda, I LOVE your topic! What fun! So glad your daughter-in-law is doing well. I'll have to find one of my bras and attempt to paint it. First I have to find a bra that is presentable! Maybe it will force me to go out and buy a new one!! Ha-ha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! This was fun to paint. I did another painting that I will post tomorrow. Same bra, different composition. :-)

      Delete