Sunday, June 20, 2010

Calf in Plein Air by Kay Wyne

Calf in Plein Air
10" x 10" Oil on gessoed masonite
$170 Framed
This little calf was down at Jerry Miller's ranch in the hill country. She had a very sweet face, and was about the only animal on the ranch who cooperated with me...she was not on the move and I was able to really study her. I wanted to capture her innocent face just looking out as she laid under the tree. She was watching all the activity going on...lots of longhorns, bulls, dogs, horses and even a rattlesnake was seen that afternoon. And of course, all of us painting and taking photos as we were taking the Karen Bonnie workshop. I finished the grass and a few details up yesterday in the studio, so this painting is very wet. I will frame her up in a gold plein air frame. If you are interested in this painting, please contact me. I hope that you have an artful day, and Happy Father's Day to all those Dads out there...especially Charlie Miller!!!kay@kwyne.com

No comments:

Post a Comment